My goal is to transform the way we provide care, especially for older people, and to ensure better support for carers in all settings.
I have over 20 years’ experience in developing new services and processes in education and health. I lead teams to define strategy and deliver outcomes, on time and on budget.
My skills include:
- Management: leading organisational development; managing staff, volunteers, committees, projects, events, publications.
- Education and Training: planning, commissioning, delivering and evaluating professional education courses and e-learning systems.
- Communication: writing and editing reports, newsletters and promotional materials; public speaking; chairing & facilitating groups; active listening; coaching, mentoring.
- IT: managing online systems, databases, spreadsheets, basic html and web usability; fluent in MS Office applications, and e-learning environments including Moodle.
- Finance: budgets, account management and annual returns.
I have a Masters in Managing Professional Education from Oxford Brookes University (completed 2014). My dissertation explored Person-centred communication in dementia care, for which I interviewed seven professional carers who were using the SPECAL method.
Since 2006 I have been a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the journal Interactive Technology and Smart Education.
Contact me by email
or by phone: M: 07533 248659